Sunday, October 8, 2017

Oh Scrap! : Progress

Pink is the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color for October.



So I dug around in my Kaffe scraps and sorted out some pretty fabrics to finish up 9 bow tie blocks.



I now have a total of 28 eight inch blocks completed.  These blocks go together so quickly - and I really like how the blocks look all together.  My goal is not repeat any Kaffe fabrics - which if you have seen my stash, know that is easily doable!



And look...I made a bit more progress on my sister's quilt.  I tried to add in some shades of slate green but I am not sure the blocks will make it into the final layout.  The quilt will end up at almost a king size so MANY more blocks are needed. 

So right now I am just trying to focus on getting blocks done!



***********************************************

Now it is time for you to share your scrap projects.  Here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!

    Quilting is more fun than Housework

    So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!




    20 comments:

    Libby in TN said...

    I love the look when the BTBs are set together! At least you picked an easy block for your sister's quilt

    scraphappy said...

    I like the slate green addition to you neutral blocks. Glad that you are getting to play with all your Kaffe fabrics. They are always so striking, bow ties seems like a nice way to show them off.

    Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

    THose pink fabrics are so eye catching! Paired with the white is just a perfect combination. You are so productive!

    LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

    I really like your bow ties! The bright Kaffe fabric paired with neutral backgrounds is a great combination! I think, for your sister's quilt, every little bit counts! :)

    Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

    Mountain Majesties (the last photo you show) is on my list of one day to be made quilts.

    Jayne said...

    What a great use of Kaffe! I forgot how gorgeous a simple bow tie block can look when all put together! Beautiful! These prints are really gorgeous and I don't even know what to say about your stash...no repeats says it all!

    The Joyful Quilter said...

    LOVE those PINK Bow Ties, Cynthia!! And, look... you made progress on Boring Brown, too. With SEW many blocks, maybe your sister won't notice the inclusion of slate green. Personally, though, I'd stick with the brown and beige!!

    Gretchen Weaver said...

    The pink bowties are very nice. I think the green in the mountains look good. It needs something more subtle colors and the green is a good addition.

    Sherrill said...

    Love your bright and beautiful bowties as well as the subtle colors of your sister's quilt. Gorgeous!!

    Kate said...

    Those pink Kaffe blocks are so pretty. This may have to go on next year's list for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, those blocks look so great all together.

    gayle said...

    Experiencing Kaffe Envy, here... (All my Kaffes are safely back home in my stash. That's it - from now on I'll pack them up and always carry them with me!)
    I feel your emotion on the sister quilt. I'm making a quilt for my granddaughter in blues and greens, and it's hard to work on when my heart is screaming for orange and red. 8)

    Patti said...

    Your bowties are looking great! I like the subtle addition of green, it looks like trees on the mountains!

    Janice Holton said...

    I am a lover of bright colored quilts but that quilt you're making for your sister kind of grabs me too!! That's going to be a nice one!

    Louise said...

    Individual bow tie blocks always seem so plain, but get em' in a group and they really start to sing in harmony! You're starting to get a critical mass of them now :)

    Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

    I've been wanting to make a bow tie quilt for a long time so will enjoy seeing yours come together. As a fellow Kaffe fan I will probably use his fabrics too. Right now there are many other projects in the queue that I should carry through with first

    Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

    Love all your bowtie blocks. Great job!

    Angie in SoCal said...

    Love both your quilts!

    Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

    The pink blocks look so good with the others you have finished. It will be a stunning quilt! Thanks for sharing your projects on MCM. :)

    Clare M said...

    Lovely bow ties. Kaffes fabric looks so good together. With your sister's quilt, perhaps the green would look better as a whole block like the browns, rather than a half? Maybe won't look so different then. Just a suggestion to play with. Hugs from down here. Clare

    Cathy said...

    I have a feeling we will be seeing a wonderfully scrappy bow tie quilt some time in the future!

    01 09 10