Sunday, September 17, 2017

Oh Scrap! : Burgoyne Surrounded

I am a sucker for quilts made from classic blocks.  There has been some recent images of quilts made from the Burgoyne Surrounded block that have really caught my eye.  I have tried so very hard to resist but we all know I have zero willpower.




So it looks like I have started another quilt!

My plan is to make the chains out of black/white fabrics, the backgrounds will be gray and white prints, and all of the circles will be in shades of blue.  These blocks are 15" finished so I will probably make either 16 or 20 blocks.  There are a lot of small pieces in these blocks so they are not real quick to sew up.  My plan is to make just 1 or 2 blocks a month so this one will be a longer term project.

I already have fabrics pulled for a second block but don't look for it to be finished any time soon!



***********************************************

Now it is time for you to share your scrap projects.  Here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!

    Quilting is more fun than Housework

    So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!








    18 comments:

    Kate said...

    Fun block! Looking forward to seeing each one come together. A quilt with Burgoyne blocks is on my bucket list, but the UFO pile needs to shrink before I add anything else.

    Anne Ida said...

    It's a very striking block. Have heaps of fun with your new project - looking forward to seeing more :-)

    Gretchen Weaver said...

    I keep looking at this pattern too but so far I haven't been sucked into starting one. Your quilt is going to be so pretty. Happy stitching!

    Chantal said...

    Oh no! Not another temptation!! :^D I see this block on the web too often lately. I feel like I'm in vortex and I'm slowly being sucked in, lol. Your block is beautiful and your plan sounds like an awesome project. Enjoy!

    LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

    I like those blocks, too! They make a really neat pattern when there are several together. Making a block or two once in awhile works well for me - when you feel like working on it you can, or you can work on something else and come back to these another time!

    chrisknits said...

    It will be a stunning quilt when done. I need to find a long term project I can use as a leader/ender. But I always get in a hurry to finish each top!

    Jayne said...

    I've never seen that block...the name scares me!! I know you'll knock these blocks out in no time at all!

    Libby in TN said...

    Ah, I see Mangofeet finally got to you! I love seeing the block; not sure I want to fiddle with more small pieces so I'll just enjoy vicariously.

    Julie in GA said...

    I've been very tempted to make some Burgoyne blocks too, but have resisted so far. My sister and I made a Burgoyne quilt together several years ago.

    Paige said...

    Looking forward to see this evolve! I want to make that block one day!

    Deb A said...

    Such a fun block. Always fun to start a new project.

    The Joyful Quilter said...

    The resulting quilt is going to be SEW pretty!!!

    marebear said...

    Can't wait to see this as a finished quilt. LUV quilts with alot of negative space.

    Charlotta said...

    That's a fun block. And I love the way you've written your post! As if you've almost really had it with yourself and your inability to resist starting new projects! It'll be great and you'll love making it!

    em's scrapbag said...

    It will be a beautiful quilt even if the process is slow.

    Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

    Sometimes slow is best! It will be fun to see your different blocks together.

    Linda @ kokaquilts said...

    I too have often been tempted to give these blocks a go, I just love the effect of them all together! I'm guessing your restricted colour palette will give quite a 'toned down' look, which I just love in this pattern!

    Susan said...

    Love the colors you've got going in the Burgoyne Surround - very striking!

    01 09 10