Sunday, March 19, 2017

Oh Scrap! : Scrap Play

With some time this weekend to play, I thought I would get out an older UFO that I had tucked away.









I had sewn up all these slabs about 6 months ago as a leader/ender project.  I decided to throw them up onto one of my design walls so I can see what I have.


It looks like I can get a quilt out of these pretty darn quickly.  Now I just to puzzle out putting them all together!




 So much scrappiness in this one.  I am in heaven!



******************************************


It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
Quilting is more fun than Housework

So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!











16 comments:

Kate said...

Love the color change from blue to purple you've got up on the wall so far. Happy stitching today.

Cathy said...

I love the versatility of crumb blocks! Heaven is right. Have fun!

Jayne said...

How funny! You can pull a quilt out of just about anything! I love the blue and purple combination!

Libby in TN said...

I've never made slab blocks, but I can see now that it's a great way to use up some of the smaller bits that seem just too big to throw away, but not big enough for much of anything else.

Teje Karjalainen said...

So much beautiful happiness Cynthia! Aren't scraps great and inspiring! Scraps give me often so good ideas! Your quilt will be fantastic! x Teje

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like the blue and purple colors and possible layout, too! This one is right up your alley! Have fun with it!

Chantal said...

I can hear your brain spinning with ideas and calculations. You probably have a big smile too. I know these things because this is really your favorite past time. The shifting from blue to purple is lovely. It will be a great quilt when it is all grown up. Enjoy the process. ;^)

Ariane said...

I love the look of your blocks together already. Amazing!!

Ivani said...

I love blue and purple and your design wall looks wonderful for me with those slabs blocks. Have fun!!

Jasmine said...

I love your blue and purple slabs. I've been thinking/dreaming of making some rainbow slabs. If only there were more hours in the day for quilting. 😉

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh, such beautiful scraps sewn! I could sew scraps for hours and hours and never get tired of seeing all the play of colors and shapes. I have a lot of big slabs, but they are not color coordinated like yours. I am pondering what to make with them.

PaulaB quilts said...

It's really impressive how you make such great rainbow scrap quilts. Don't stop, please.

Charlotta said...

Couldn't love this any more!

Barb N said...

It will be scrappy perfection!

Nann said...

Your crumby blocks are wonderful, Cynthia.

shannon said...

This is so awesome! I can't wait to see the finished quilt!!!

01 09 10