Sunday, December 13, 2015

Oh Scrap! : Piglet

One of the hardest things about having a weekly linky party is I get far too distracted by all the great projects that get shared every week.  With a long list of holiday gifts needing to be made, I still found myself spending time playing with a few scraps....














Cutting so many tiny little pieces....certainly not my norm.







But I just had to try making the little piglet block that Gayle shared a few weeks ago.

I am not sure I chose scraps with enough contrast for my test block but we will just pretend my little piggy just had himself a little mud bath.





I extended my block out to 12" because I was considering corralling my piglets with my RSC16 chain blocks. 


The block was originally shared on The Objects of Design, where you can find a tutorial.


....now if I can just find someone to do all that cutting and the fussy piecing.  But they are pretty cute so maybe I can get through one piggy block a month!







And if you like to see how other quilters store their scraps, Linda over at Koka Quilts shared some photos of her sewing space.  I really like how she stores her stash and scraps all together.  After all, aren't they all just scraps? 





Why is it other people's scraps look so enticing!

**********************************

Now it is time to link up and share what scrappy projects you have worked on this week.  Here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
Quilting is more fun than Housework

So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!










Linking Up:

Love Laugh Quilt
Patchwork Times
Cooking Up Quilts
So Scrappy 
Em's Scrapbag
She Can Quilt (Scraptastic Tuesday)



18 comments:

scraphappy said...

It doesn't have to be a piggy each month. How about a fox and a cat and a fish. You could have a whole zoo by the end of the year!

LA Paylor said...

oh the piglet with the scrap blocks is so perfect. I love it and want to make it. A family in my neighborhood adopted a little piglet. Imagine my surprise to be out for a walk and hear squealing. The piglet was standing at the back door, like the dogs do, and squealing to be let in. The woman said the piglet can get up the back stairs but not down! LEeAnna fondly remembering a piglet at the fair, pushing her little snout into my palm... aweeeee

gayle said...

See why I keep insisting that the piglets are irresistible! I love your little mud-roller. 8)

Doreen said...

Quite a productive week here!!!!! Piglets are always "in vogue"!!!! LOL!!!!

Sally Trude said...

I love the polka dot ears! I could see a whole quilt with polka dot pigs. I made the grid small (3/4 inch) for Gayle, but the piglets would be bigger and probably easier with a one inch grid.

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Cynthia and thank you for the party! Same here, too many ideas every week and the list grows every day! Your piglet is really fun! x Teje

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

A cute piggy, love the spotty fabric ears & feet! And thanx for the mention in your post!

PaulaB quilts said...

Good thing you are corralling that piggie or he will always be getting into the mud. Also, your layer cake baby quilt is really neat with the squares and strips. It becomes truly original and, as you said, works from any side. Love It. BTW, Craftsy ran out of N/S, however I did get the free shipping for my turquoise fabric, which was a need, not a want.

Cathy said...

I was toying with making some piggies too. I really like your idea for a pig pen.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your piglet is so fun, and looks great with your other blocks around it! Are you planning a rainbow of piglets in 2016?

Nann said...

What a cute little pig! And you're right about the distractions of the blogs.

Marti said...

Your piglet is adorable! I love the colors in the blocks around the piglet block too. They set it off very well.

Nicky said...

Love that piglet! Could be a Vietnamese Pot Bellied Pig as they are quite dark skinned? Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

Susan said...

I like it - a mud bath! He's cute though!

em's scrapbag said...

Love the piggy block!
Thanks for linking up

Anonymous said...

I love your little piggy block!

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

Here piggy, piggy! Your little piglet is adorable, especially since he's been playing in the mud. :) Thanks for sharing on MCM!

Lara B. said...

That piglet block is so cute Cindy! I can see why you yielded to temptation.
I'm Finally working on a scrappy quilt and hope to share it next month.

01 09 10