Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pineapple Quilt

While I plan on sticking around this planet for quite a few more years, as I was putting together my plans for the year, I concluded that in order to sew up all the quilts currently on my bucket list, I had better start working on some of them now!

So my plan is to start making small goals of accomplishment each month toward finishing up those "I am only making one and it is for me" bucket list quilts.




First up in the queue is a Pineapple quilt.  I love all pineapple quilts but I love, Love, LOVE ones with tiny pieces and planned color placement that create wonderful designs and give the eye so much to look at.  Now this quilt I actually started in 2009 by sewing up 30 of these 8 inch blocks.  They have been hanging on a design wall in my quilting studio ever since.  I can't tell you how many times friends have said "You really need to get that quilt finished!"




So I have moved the blocks into my sewing room and I am playing around with layout ideas.  I still have some final trimming on most of the blocks but my plan is to work out a design, decide on a background fabric and start working up the math to get the look I want.  Now that it is in my sewing room, I am hoping to motivate myself to work on it again.  It really does need to be finished!

Do you have a bucket list of quilts you want to make?  
I would love to hear what type of quilts are on it!

If you are interested in more ways to follow me, you can find me on Craftsy, Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin', Feedly, Instagram, Google +, or get my blog sent right to your email inbox by entering your email address on the right sidebar! 

  
Linking up:

18 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Your blocks look great together! I haven't put any thought into a quilt "bucket list" per se... I'm afraid of how big the list might become if I do!

SewPsyched! said...

Oh boy!! A pineapple christmas quilt is on my list, and the fabrics have been sitting together for, say, awhile now... I figure they're marinating, right??! Then, I would love to do some improv quilts, a bowtie quilt, several drunkard's path designs and ... it goes on and on! But isn't that fun! XX! I cant wait to see this pineapple quilt when it's done!

Mrs.Pickles said...

lovely blocks

Sue C said...

I too love pineapple quilts and your colours are so warm and lovely. It's a great feeling to finally get stuck into some of your old WIP's. Can't wait to see this one finished.

Jasmine said...

I do have a bucket list, but nothing is as intense as this. (More like a swoon and a Lego quilt). These blocks are gorgeous!

Lara B. said...

Cynthia, my bucket list keeps growing on me. I need to live to be over 100 for sure in order to do it all. Like right now I just said to myself "You have to make a gorgeous pineapple quilt like Cynthia's someday soon!"

Julie Kaye from KS said...

Wow, that's going to be pretty.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Your blocks are so pretty - that's going to be a spectacular quilt when you get it done! Good luck on your bucket list progress.

Rachel said...

That's a very pretty color scheme. And I like how you have your blocks laid out with some of the blocks together and some on their own. Very nice!

Pam @ Quilting Fun said...

Fabulous! Love the placement of four and one! Stunning!

mpv61 said...

I have some WIPs and some promised quilts, some quilts that are planned and the fabric is gathered, and many more quilts that are just a "twinkle in my eye," so to speak. But I've never made a formal bucket list. I'd be satisfied with just getting some of these promised quilts done this year!!

Your pineapple quilt is lovely -- great fabric choices!!

Micki @ 2 Dogs Studio said...

Looks fabulous. I also have a few WIPS that need to be dragged out and finished.

Judy Nichols said...

I like the colors in your pineapples, very nice. My bucket list is growing ...currently I am working on handquilting a grandmothers flower garden, want to make a scrappy Irish chain and a wild and goosey quilt and whatever new idea I see!

schmidt1016 said...

Your pineapple block looks great, but en masse, they are fantastic! That will be a gorgeous quilt. I don't know that I have one particular type of quilt I'm eager to make, but I do have hundreds I love and want to put together.

Leslie S. in MN

gibbygoo56 said...

Gorgeous fabrics and blocks! I hope you share the progress as you go. I adore it!

Quiltsmiles said...

My bucket list of want to do quilts is HUGE. Many are WIPS, UFOs, Pigs, and plan to dos. Would you believe I have a Pineapple quilt as a UFO with similar colors, green-spruce blue, golds, reds and blacks where I actually already have the centered area Pineapple appliqued and embroidered snd completely done with all the miniature papers printed out ready to go. Just need to find the time after some more of these current focuses are done.
WIPs, Conway Quilt not from Baltimore, Wonky House quilt, Moonglow, double four patch, many BOMs and QAls too.

Danette said...

Love these pineapple blocks. Belive it or not, I finally (Wednesday 1/14/15) just finished a quilt that was sitting in my closet since 2007! I'm so glad I did. I probably would not pick the same quilt out today to sew that I did in 2007, but I love it anyway. We'll be waiting to see the final quilt!

Brenda said...

These blocks are wonderful and I love the colors! Oh yes, you do need to finish this beauty soon. I actually have this on my bucket list along with Storm at Sea, another Irish Chain, and ...oh so many that I can't even think of them all now!

01 09 10