Sunday, August 3, 2014

August Goal - A Lovely Year of Finishes

Boy Oh Boy - Where did July go!

And looking at my calendar, I fear August is going to be just as busy.  So to keep the stress level down, I thought I would set a simple goal for my August A Lovely Year of Finishes with Sew Bittersweet Designs.




In my continuing effort to clean up my sewing room, I thought I would zero in on these leftover blocks a friend gave me.  The fabrics used are Architextures and Essex yarn dyed linen.  I want to make a child's quilt with them as part of the 100 Quilts for Kids event.  Right now I have no plan in my head but I am sure I can come up with something!  So hopefully by the end of August, a fun quilt will be finished and ready to donate.



ALYoF2014



A big thanks to Sew Bittersweet Designs for helping me keep focused in my efforts to finish up the half finished!







And finally, I want to thank many of you for the wonderful comments you have been leaving me.  While I try to always reply to them, I found myself terribly behind.  I grudgingly decided to clean out my inbox and start August with a clean slate.  So if I didn't get back to you, sorry about that!  I really needed a break.


If you are interested in more ways to follow me, you can find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin', Feedly, Instagram, Google +, or get my blog sent right to your email inbox by entering your email address on the right sidebar! 

Linking up with Anything Goes Mondays at Stitch by Stitch and Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Those blocks are cute and I am sure you will come up with a great design for a wonderful cause. :) No worries on the comment backlog; sometimes the best thing is to start with a clean slate. I hope you have a wonderful and productive August!

jeifner said...

Fun blocks! If you have any leftovers send 'em my way :)

Val's Quilting Studio said...

RIght...where did July go??? No worries....looking forward to see what you create! :)

Anonymous said...

Blogging, etc, really is supposed to be an enjoyable activity but sometimes it can get a bit much. "Clean slates" are a 'good thing' and you are wise to take care of the situation in that manner. I think we are all aware of the many facets we all have.......most are such fun, others a necessary part of life. A fresh month awaits........................

01 09 10