Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Finish-A-Long 2nd Quarter Goals

March was a really tough month for me!  And it reflected in my level achievement (or lag there of)  in accomplishing my first quarter goals.  Out of the 4 items on my list, I finished up two.  But when I look back at my workload in the first quarter, I am going to be happy with those two!



Last quarter, I was wanting to get the two curtains for the my newly remodeled kitchen finished.  I must have touched this fabric a hundred times moving it out of the way in my sewing room. 

It is staying on the list until they are done!







Speaking of moving things around my sewing room....These old orphan Insanity blocks need to be made into potholders.  Everything is there to complete them and they have been clutter for too long!





And this tub of fabric has been taking up shelf space for too long also!  This was a quilt sample I was making for a LQS but the project was abandoned when pieces started not fitting.  I feel challenged to get this project to go together nicely....then I will pass on the rest of the fabrics to a friend who fell in love with them.  There's well over 10 yards of fabric in here!




And finally, I want to get this old quilt top quilted up.  I think I finished it about the time I bought my longarm.  It has waited in the queue for over 7 years.



Well, there you have it.  Four more items I would love to get off my project list.  Don't worry, there will still be those new projects I want to start or the impulse "great" idea I get late at night for a new scrap design.  You can bet there will be lots of those and I will be sharing everything with you.

Wish me lots of luck this quarter!! I am going to need it!

 Finish Along 2014

(Thanks Katy at The Littlest Thistle for keeping me focused on these older projects!)




Linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation, Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts, and WIP Wednesday with Freshly Pieced. I will also link to this month's Fresh Sewing Day and the 2014 Finish Along with Katy.

10 comments:

Kat said...

Those little blocks you are turning into potholders are so neat looking! Good luck getting things done this month.

Jasmine said...

Wishing you luck for a more productive time. I love the blocks for your pot holders. I want to make some sometime.

Katelyn @ Sing While Crafting said...

I love your orphan blocks!
Shrinking those WIP piles is tough...I'm always adding new things before I finish. Congrats on that cool hexagon top!
- Katelyn @ Sing While Crafting

Lorna McMahon said...

Looks like you are doing some spring cleaning here, Cynthia. Good for you determining to get these projects finished. And the weight will be lifted! You can do it!

Serena @ Sewgiving said...

Good luck! I'm finding it hard to finish the things on my list too ... those pesky new ideas keep popping in my head!

Elita@Busy Needle Quilting said...

It's going to feel so good to get those orphan blocks up & out! I think I'm going to use some I have in a machine quilting class to give the students some real blocks to work on. I'm really liking that brown hexie quilt too. It looks like autumn to me. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

LA Paylor said...

wow, lots of goals! The hexie is my fave.... I just love it.
LeeAnna Paylor
lapaylor.blogspot.com

Vicki in MN said...

I love your hexie quilt!!! I am wondering what style of kitchen curtain you are going to do? I am in the thinking process for my kitchen and fam. room windows.

sarah elizabeth :: {no} hats said...

Have you heard of Sarah of Sarah Quilts' dyosampler? You just might be able to make a new home for those orphan blocks (instead of turning all of them into potholders!)

Tiffany said...

Good luck with your finishes!

01 09 10