Thursday, July 25, 2013

Maybe having a Goal really Works!

A while back I wrote out some finishes I wanted to complete by the end of September.  I am not very good at finishing up things so I thought it  couldn't hurt to see if setting some goals would help.  

Believe me, I am willing to try anything to get me focused on completing some WIPs!



I am so happy to say I finished an item on my list!  This adorable little quilt finished up at about 35 x 40.  It is one of the quilts I made from scrap pieces I received from a friend.

Pretty much all the fabric in the top of this quilt was destined for the deep dark depths of a closet and I just couldn't let that happen.  So home they came with me.





Here is the quilt the scraps came from fresh off my quilting machine.   I think the above triangles I received were cut away from the heart blocks.

I tried to talk my friend into giving me the whole quilt but she doesn't seem to want to part with.



The pattern for this heart quilt can be found in the Sew Red book.  It is a pattern submitted by Tula Pink, who is also the designer of those lovely fabrics in the quilt.   The book was written in support of Women's Heart Health.  There are some great projects by a number of talented designers.  It is definitely worth taking a peak at.



And if you make the heart quilt, don't toss those scraps! 


she can quilt

 Sharing this great finish with Needle and Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation, Finish it Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts and Whoop Whoop Friday at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  
Thanks for stopping by!


July Finishes


19 comments:

Claudia said...

Love both of the quilts on this page. I've had the pattern for the top one pinned forever. I'll be adding the second one as well.

Kitchener Quilter said...

Yaaaay, a finish. Doesn't it feel great? Well done, and such a pretty quilt. I love how those colours work together. How will you celebrate, I'm wondering?

jan said...

I love love both of these little quilts! The colors are terrific! And isn't it wonderful to have a finish!
visiting from N&T Thursday
xo jan@sewandsowfarm - The police!

Anonymous said...

Love both! Super use of potential leftovers/stash inhabitants! The quilting (feathers) are pretty super, also!! Hugs, Doreen

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

Lovely! I really like the quilting on the second one. Nice nice work!

Beth said...

Beautiful quilting!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

bravo for finishing a WIP! I love both of these quilts! The swirly quilting on the heart quilt looks great!

Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Tammy Lyons said...

They are both so gorgeous! Encouragement for digging into my burgeoning scrap pile. I make t-shirt quilts so I have tons of scrap by the time I'm done. Thanks for the info on the book.

audrey said...

I love this quilt! It's so adorable! :)

Liz said...

Love Tula Pink. Your scrap quilt is a great idea! :-)

Jane said...

It's a lovely quilt. Wonderful that it's from scraps!

Paula@TheSassyQuilter said...

Love the quilting on this. I have the tula pink snail fabric. I was not sure how to use it or if when cut it would lose the shape, but this looks fabulous.

JHNickodemus said...

It looks so great! Congratulations on meeting your goals and having finishes!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Cynthia .....beautiful quilt. Lovely reminder of the beauty of scraps and the added bonus of ticking off the list for you 2013 Finish Along. Thanks for sharing. Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

Elizabeth said...

I love your scrap-rescue quilt! The colors are so pretty! Congrats on a great finish and thank you for linking up!

xo -E

Leanne said...

You had a lot of wonderful finishes this quarter. I love zig zag quilts and this one is really lovely.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Who doesn't love Tula Pink....I love your modern zig zag and as always, love your quilting:)

Jo said...

I want to make the half square triangle quilt

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Thanks for resharing your feathered quilting at Tuesday Archives!

01 09 10