Friday, July 26, 2013

Don't Anybody Sneeze!


Here are all the yummy fabrics I have settled on and cut for the Star Surround QAL hosted by Happy Quilting.  I am so delighted with my final fabric choices.  I will be taking a more scrappy approach to Melissa's pattern so there are quite a number of fabrics in each block.







MMmmmm....

Originally I was trying to work in some navy but even with  a trip to the LQS, I couldn't find any combinations I liked.  Once I decided to add the black and the gray to all the berry colored fabrics, I was hooked.

I really can't wait to start sewing on this!




So until I can get these organized by block into little bags, there will be no eating at the dining table at my house!







There is still time to join in on the fun. How about you...are you in?


Be sure and check out Melissa's Linky party to see what great fabrics others are using.  So many beautiful color combinations!   You really will want to stay tuned!!




6 comments:

Barb Neiwert said...

Melissa does such fun QAL's - this is no exception. You should see the picture I have tacked to my bulletin board for my Wish List - it has all of your colors in it, so I know I will love your quilt when it comes together. :)

Tanyia said...

Absolutely beautiful choices I look forward to seeing it come together! I know...I am SO ready to start sewing some of mine as well!:)

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

Lovely colors, it should come together beautifully!

Melissa at My Fabric Relish said...

Oooooh la la! Love!

Melissa Corry said...

Ohh, I love the addition of the black and the grey. Fantastic, absolutely stunning!! I can't wait to see this come together with all of that scrappy goodness :)

The Thompsons said...

I love the fabric choices for this quilt. Beautiful!

01 09 10